What should I do to improve my online business presence? Here are some useful resources:
I’ve compiled a list of things you could do – I’ve tried to think out of the box a bit and think about things, a small business may not have considered.
Perhaps compile a checklist of ten things, that you think is essential to improve.
Then compile another list of ten things that are more in-depth jobs.
1) What does my brand look like online now?
Spend some time looking for your business in search engines and social media. Try and look at your business, from the outside and see if anything is letting your company down.
2) What are some quick fixes that I can do now?
- An excellent resource for companies that means you will come to the top of the google search engine in your local area: https://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/business
- Grammarly is an online free writing assistant software.https://app.grammarly.com/
3) What are the big jobs I should add to my priority list?
1) Testing for errors on your website
Did you know websites render differently on different platforms? Yes, unfortunately, a website, not built correctly. Can look different on different people computers.
I recommend testing your website with the following companies:
2) Have your thought about where your website resides ‘as in your server’ or your ‘hosting’.
Did you know your service provider has a massive impact on the speed of your website and can affect how high you rank in Google?
Also, with a slow server, this can affect the speed when working in the backend of your website.
Have you noticed when you press the save button, it takes forever? That’s because you have a slow server?
Maybe you joined some server space because you were looking for the cheapest place to get a domain. You’re probably paying less money in exchange for server problems.
I recommend moving over to the company Siteground. It will take some time to set up, but you won’t regret it.
4) What can I do to improve my brand image quickly?
Spending some time thinking about your customers and who they are, and tailor your brand image to appeal to them. If your customers are senior, maybe getting your website working for people with poor sight, would be a good move. Or if they are very young, getting involved with the new app Tik Tok would help.
- If you need some inspiration, this company rocks with contemporary ideas – http://www.acrylicize.com/
- Or maybe you can see something inspiring looking at my sister business that is more creative than elumin – https://www.elluse.co.uk
5) What are the big jobs that may be worth doing to improve your brand?
1) Book Design Platform
Maybe creating a book, would help boost your brand image, and step into the tangible world. This website gives you all the tools to do this yourself!
2) Webinar platforms and podcasts.
If you look at the apps for podcasts such as Ted talks. You will see this is where all the business social influencers reside.
3) Choosing your business name
Are you thinking about creating your business name? Here’s some excellent advice that may help you:
6) What can I do quickly to help my wordpress website, get found in search engines more?
Spend some time using the many plugins that are around. This can reduce the size of your pictures and streamline your code. Here’s a list of the plugins that have worked for me
- Asset CleanUp Pro: Page Speed Booster
- Feedzy RSS Feeds Lite
- HTML Page Sitemap
- W3 Total Cache
- WP Visual Sitemap
7) What are the big jobs, that will improve my website and found in search engines?
I would suggest getting your website set up with:
- SSL certificate
- Set up CDN platform for your images and get your pages to swop to the new images formats, that are popular, called jpeg2000 and webf
- Use the Yoast SEO plugin and improve your keywords and content structure
- Spend some time adding your website to other people websites either by asking for an article to be written about you.
8) What resources can help me, with timescales, and getting jobs done quickly?
1) Trello – lets you work more collaboratively, and get more done.
Its boards, lists, and cards enable you to organize, prioritize your projects in a fun, flexible, and rewarding way.
2) WeeTransfer – sending large files and won’t break email
Instead of sending large files, via email. That cause issues. This little tool is free and easy to use and fast to do.
3) Freepik.com – Royalty-Free Images
Rather than spending all your resources, taking photos and drawing various images. Why not use the free websites that provide images for free.
4) Marvel app.com
Are you having trouble getting ideas out of people, who do not know, how to use design software? Some clients want a hands-on approach when designing their websites or apps. This tool is excellent for a team, to discuss ideas and what could work for you.
This website has some stunning video that could make your social media banners pop.
- We offer free stock videos, motion graphics, music and sound effects which I thought could be useful free resources for your readers. There is no need to login to download clips and all the content is safe for use.www.videvo.net
9) Is there any resources out there, I should know about and why?
1) Made for event creators
From festivals, conventions, pop-up dinners and photography classes. Eventbrite can help build your event and has all the tool to expand your network.
2) How can I improve my content on a social media platform?
Kapwing is excellent support when it comes to creating images, videos, and GIFs for your social media platforms.
2) QR codes
They are easy to create and can be added to your business cards & products—a great way of getting your customers online with you.
I hope that help you guys.
Please join my newsletter for ongoing tip bits.